There are number of surgical options for spinal cord injury depending on the location of the injury. The doctor may suggest you to have a complete diagnosis through different diagnostic methods like CT scan, MRI, X-ray etc. to have a clear image about the injury. It will help to understand the severity and location of the injury. If the injury is not severe, the surgeon may suggest you for non-surgical treatment options such as:
- Experimental treatments
The different types of surgical methods for spinal cord injuries are:
- Lumbar discectomy: Used to remove all or part of a ruptured or herniated disc in the lower part of the spine.
- Cervical discectomy: Used to remove one or more damaged discs.
- Microdiscectomy: A surgery to remove a small part of the ruptured disc. It is a minimally invasive technique.
- Spinal fusion: A procedure to fuse or join two or more vertebrae. Spinal fusion surgeries are of different types:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion etc.
- Laparoscopic fusion: A minimally invasive surgery technique used for spinal fusion.
- Intradiscal electrothermal therapy: A minimally invasive technique for lower back pain.
- Surgical decompression: A method to remove the nerve root in order to help it for fast healing. The different kinds of surgical decompression methods are:
- Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty: Minimally invasive procedure to treat pain and other symptoms caused by spinal fracture.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion: Treatment option for neck problems as a result of fractures, spinal instability and herniated disc.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: Treatment option for chronic back pain.
The service of Dr Manish Vaish is available in gurukripa neurocare insitute and ensure the best spinal cord surgery in India.